The Holidays are a wonderful opportunity for you to enjoy time with family and friends, make new memories and think back on years gone by.
It’s an even better time to think back on my memories of years gone by, so I thought I would present one to you here. Continue reading “The biggest gift under the Christmas tree”
“Hey Dad, Browns tickets are going for $6 or less,” my son Ben said to me a few weeks ago.
He loves the Cleveland Browns and I love saving money, so the cheap tickets were intriguing. Sure there were a few negative points about the game, but they were minimal, such as:
- The game was going to be played on a cold winter’s day,
- The Browns were 0-14 at the time and had been playing terribly,
- The game was set for Christmas Eve,
- I was supposed to be an usher at my church on Christmas Eve,
- I would have to get up at 3 a.m. on Christmas Day to drive family members to the airport,
- We would have to drive more than three hours each way just to sit in the cold and likely watch the Browns lose.
Obviously, that was not enough to keep us from $6 tickets and the opportunity to see the Browns make history with their losing season, so we decided to go. Continue reading “Seeing history and enjoying an epiphany, all for $6”
‘Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even my spouse.
She had already hung the stockings on the TV,
In hopes that the dog wouldn’t steal the candy.
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
With computers and cell phones resting under their heads.
My wife and I were blanketed from heads to our feet,
Warm in our bed that was without a top sheet.
When out on the lawn, there was a clatter and clack,
I sprang from my bed carefully, not to injure my back. Continue reading “‘Twas The Night Before Christmas 2016”