My body works reasonably well, but I have always been a little jealous of people who seem to have special abilities. I’m not saying they are X-Men or anything like that, but they are able to do things with their bodies that I cannot do and I usually have now idea how they do it.
Here then, are the Top 5 Things That Other People Can Do With Their Bodies That I Wish I Could Do
First a few honorable mentions:
Play music with both hands- How do people play certain notes with one hand on a piano and then play other notes with the other hand? My hands only play the same off-key notes.
Breastfeed a baby – I don’t really want do this as life is much easier as a guy, but it is pretty amazing. My useless guy nipples are just there to mock me.
Touch their toes – I am in decent shape, but I am about a foot away from being able to touch my toes. I have never been able to do it, and I don’t get how it works for other people. To be honest, I don’t even like to bend over anymore anyway, so it’s not like I have tried recently. I would just make that “ommmphhh” noise if I tried to touch my toes.
- Wiggle their ears – How do people do that? What muscles are they moving? How do they get muscles there? What possible use could this have in nature? Can they lift things with their ears? Can they throw their glasses off in an emergency? We had a guidance counselor in school, and I vividly remember him wiggling his ears. He was a great guy and I know many people wanted to emulate him. I doubt very many of his students ever figured out how to wiggle their ears like him, though. I have tried many times, but the only thing that ever happens is I get a headache.
- Pick up things with their toes – I don’t get how this works either, but I see lots of people doing this. I can barely spread my toes apart or bend them, but other people can grab papers, pencils, car keys and all kinds of things with their toes. This makes more sense than wiggling your ears because plenty of animals can pick up things with their toes, but I just can’t do it. I should note that I don’t want most people to hand me anything with their toes (or “feet me anything” I guess), because their feet are gross and I would just have to go wash my hands.
- Whistle super loudly – Again, how do people do this? I can whistle, but it is just a normal, slightly out of tune whistle that annoys my coworkers. Other people can do super loud, piercing whistles that can be heard a block away! It is great for parents and dog owners, but I don’t get how it works. I can’t yell that loudly. How are they whistling so loudly? If this can be taught, I think it should be required in school.
- Raise one eyebrow – This is nearly number one because I really, really, really wish I could do this. It looks super cool when The Rock does this or when other stars do this. If I try, though, I just kind of have one eye half closed and my face looks like I am about to get sick or I am trying too hard to wiggle my ears. It’s not the suave, cool look that I am going for.
- Dunk a basketball on a 10-foot rim – I have always wanted to dunk and was pretty close in high school and college. I could grab the rim easily and also dunk a golf ball, but I could never slam a basketball. I have had dreams about dunking that were awesome, but I have never done it in real life. I may make it a goal for later in life, because I think it would be extremely cool. Imagine if I could dunk a basketball while raising one eyebrow, wiggling my ears and breastfeeding a baby! I would be a star!
Do you have anything to add to the list? Feel free to comment below. Thanks.